|Usage/Application||Used for Machine tool cooling.|
|Type Of Property||Air Cooling|
|Compressed Air Pressure||4 to 10 Bar|
|Cooling Temp Range||Ambient|
When lubrication is required as well as cooling, lubricating mist can be reduced and cooling enhanced. Heavy coolant can be messy, costly and must be carefully maintained. Dry machining is not always possible due to the need for lubrication or additional cooling that cold air alone cannot provide. The unique patent pending low cost Vortex Tool Cooling Mist System is ideal for these applications. The unit is comprised of a coolant/lubrication suction system which draws any water based liquid into a specially designed delivery system. This cools the liquid to deliver a very cold fluid “mist” at around 40 degrees F (5 degrees C). This cooling allows for as much as 20% less coolant needed, faster production rates and improved quality. An Adjusting screw controls the amount of mist required. Simple operation, no moving parts except for the adjusting screw means long life, low cost operation and zero maintenance.
Tool Cooling Mist System Advantages:
- No electricity required: simplicity in design
- Low Cost
- Reduces coolant / lubricant cost by using less fluid
- Improves safety with less mist
- No moving parts except for an adjusting screw for the fluid
- Small and lightweight - portable
- Maintenance free operation
- The liquid is cooled by means of a small vortex tube that uses around 5 SCFM (142 SLPM) at a maximum of 50 psig (3.5 bar). Pressure can be adjusted up or down slightly to avoid freezing of the liquid or to get a colder temperature.
- An adjusting screw controls the level of mist required. Liquid is siphoned into the unit using a long plastic tube connected to the main unit. A heavy duty removable magnet secures the Sub-Zero Tool Cooling Mist System onto a machine. The magnet can also be removed and mounting holes may be used to secure the mist system.
- All you need is the liquid to cool and/or lubricate and a small amount of filtered (clean) compressed air at 50 psig (3.5 bar). No electrical components, no expensive pumps or moving parts except for the adjusting screw assures long life and maintenance free operation.
- Solid Carbide End Mills
- Wherever lubrication is required in machining
- When cooling is required beyond the capability of cold air alone
- Production Capacity: 50 Nos. per month.
- Delivery Time: Ex-stock or within 2 weeks.
- Packaging Details: Corrugated box packaging.